The Bozeman Police Foundation operates for public safety and educational purposes, providing assistance to the Bozeman Police Department where the City budget falls short. The Foundation provides a method for donors to make contributions toward specific programs, events and items that will allow the Bozeman Police Department to operate more efficiently or that enhances public safety.
2017/2018 Project | CAC Interview Room
The Gallatin County Child Advocacy Center (CAC) is a place where a multidisciplinary team, including Law Enforcement, come together to help child victims of sexual and severe physical abuse. The team connects these children to resources and assists non-offending family members with follow-up care. Since the CAC offers a comfortable and caring place for children to share their story, Law Enforcement often use the facility to interview children after a traumatic event. As one can imagine, the initial interviews and the quality of the recordings are extremely important because they can often be the sole piece of evidence in such difficult cases.
The Bozeman Police Foundation is raising funds to assist the Child Advocacy Center and local Law Enforcement with the purchase of a new digital video system for the CAC Interview Room. With an estimated cost of $10,500, this high quality recording equipment will offer the reliability, storage, and resolution needed to bring the current, out-dated interview room into a fully-functioning modern system. Your donation (Click HERE) toward this goal could help a child find healing, justice and hope. Thank you for helping make Bozeman Safer • Stronger • Together!
The projects below were funded in-part or completely by individual/business contributions to the Bozeman Police Foundation:
- An Interactive Tool for children who are Abused & Neglected to Share Their Story
- Making 1000 Bozeman Bikers Safer Initiative
- Keeping Dogs Safe by Partnering with Bozeman’s “Lend-a-Leash” Program
- Rescue Randy (life saving) Training Dummy
- Officer B. Green wrote: “This training is very vital to our police department and is very hard to do with live role players. Thanks again for your contribution.”
- Community / School Bike Safety Training Trailer loaded with bikes, helmets, cones, bike lights, training materials (provided by Denny Menholt Honda, SCS Unlimited & Steer Inn Trailer Sales)
- K-9 Ballistic vests and equipment for our local K-9 Unit
- Run, Lock, Fight safety training suit
- Retiring Officer plaques
- Install lighted crossing systems (RRFB – Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacons) at Whitter and Sacajawea Middle Schools
- Helped send a Bozeman Police Department employee to Code Compliance Training in Chicago
- Purchased start-up Emergency Medical Equipment for the STR (Special Response Team (BPD and Gallatin Co. Sheriff)
- Purchased Employee Recognition Plaques for retiring BPD employees
- Annual National Night Out Against Crime
- Annual Shop with a Cop
Thank You for your generous support!
Copyright © 2019, Bozeman Police Foundation. All Rights Reserved. Site provided by Erica Burrell Design